11 Jul ZeoStop – The Best Artificial Grass Deodoriser
100% organic, ZeoStop is a naturally occurring volcanic mineral that makes the best artificial grass deodoriser available in the UK
What is ZeoStop?
ZeoStop is our brand of zeolite clinoptilolite, a rock that was created a squillion years ago by the chemical reaction of volcanic ash meeting sea water after volcanic eruptions. A safe and natural artificial grass deodoriser!
There are approximately 200 types of ZeoLite found in nature, but only a few have the properties needed to be a really efficient artificial grass deodoriser.
It’s a small beige / grey rock that looks a little like cat litter. In fact, it makes a great deodoriser for cat litter!
The Zeolite clinoptilolite (clino) from which we manufacture ZeoStop is very pure and works as an artificial grass deodorisers in 3 amazing ways:
As a sponge (Absorbtion) – When your dog wees on your artificial grass the ZeoStop soaks up the urine immediately and stops it contaminating the grass blades and leaking through the drainage holes and congealing under the grass backing
As a chemical sieve (Filtration) – Inside each tiny zeostop rock there is a rigid, 3-dimensional honeycomb structure of uniformly sized channels through which dog wee moves freely as it’s absorbed, allowing the rocks to act as a molecular sieve. As the ZeoStop absorbs the dog urine, it filters out the smelly ammonia and nitrates locking them away into its hollow chambers.
As a Magnet (Adsorption: magnetic ion exchange) – ZeoStop is one of the very few negatively charged substances in nature and it magnetically holds the smelly ammonia ions, preventing the pong. When it rains, the negatively charged ZeoStop exchanges the ammonia it’s been holding onto with the positive ions in the UK’s acid rain, thus washing it’s self clean
How to use ZeoStop as an artificial grass deodoriser
On new lawns
If you’re installing a new artificial lawn we strongly suggest you use ZeoStop in 2 ways:
- Under the grass to protect the grass backing from dog urine, especially if the grass you plan to lay has a black or grey latex rubber backing. The ZeoStop should sit on top of the aggregate base, and underneath the grass.
- Over the finished lawn as an infill. After your artificial grass is laid and looking lovely, add more ZeoStop to the top of the grass and brush it well in as an infill.
- We recommend using 7 -12 Kg’s of ZeoStop per square metre on new lawns. Half the amount under the grass and half over the grass.
The ZeoStop will work as an organic artificial deodoriser for 5 to 7 years and keep your new lawn smelling sweet and bacteria free.
On smelly existing lawns
ZeoStop will work to deodorise nasty niffing lawns in 2 ways:
- It will adsorb the ammonia smell from existing uric acid build up in your grass by trapping the gas into its honeycomb centre.
- It will absorb fresh dog wee like a sponge and prevent it getting into the grass and exacerbating your existing odour problem. When it rains this new dog wee will be released back in to the atmosphere as a gas.
- We recommend using 3-6 Kg’s of ZeoStop per square metre on existing doggy lawns.
Used with our WEE FREE Sub-Base Soaker it’s the answer to dramatically reduce urine odour in your artificial grass.
Find out more about permanently removing urine odour with WEE FREE HERE
How to order your ZeoStop
ZeoStop costs £38.00 per 25KG sack + £5.00 P&P for next day delivery Monday – Friday
1 x 25 KG bag will cover 2.5 m2 on a new installation where you’re applying it over and under the grass.
1 x 25 KG bag will cover 5 m2 on a smelly existing lawn used just as an infill.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your order, or click the button below:FIND OUT MORE